Develop your volunteering strategy
A volunteering strategy will help you to plan the development of your volunteering programme, identify the aims of your programme, and help you to be clear about what steps you need to take to make sure you achieve the desired outcomes for your activities and volunteers.
This workshop examines how to take a strategic approach to developing your volunteering programme, how this can add value to and greatly enhance your volunteering programme and its impact.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- understand the purpose and benefits of having a volunteering strategy and how it differs from your volunteering policy
- be equipped with the knowledge you need to develop a volunteering strategy
- be able to better integrate volunteering into your organisation
- understand how your volunteering programme can be more inclusive
- be able to demonstrate the outcomes of your volunteering programme
Who is the course for?
This one-day workshop is primarily for volunteer coordinators who have responsibility for the management and development of a volunteer programme but is also open to anyone who wants to understand more about the importance of strategic planning around volunteering and how volunteering can add to your organisation or group’s activities. If you’d like to discuss the suitability of the course for you please get in touch with our Volunteer Development Co-ordinator, Sue Shaw, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 234860
Bookings will be prioritised for our members on a first come first served basis.
Your organisation or group will need to be based in Brighton, Hove, Adur or Worthing to be eligible to attend.
Date: Wednesday 25 January 2017
Venue: BMECP Community Centre, 10A Fleet Street, Brighton
Trainer: Sue Shaw
|Organisations Annual Income||Members||Non-members *|
* Organisations who are not a member of ours, but are a charity or community group operating in the local areas we work in.
Some bursary places are available to groups operating in the local areas we work in with an income of less than £35,000 per annum.
Refreshments: Hot drinks and biscuits will be provided, but lunch will not be. Please bring your own lunch. Alternatively, the venue is near a number of cafes and shops.
To book: To book your place, get in touch with us on email@example.com or 01273 234023
NEXT | Anticipated that Communities Fund to remain under Council administration