Difficult Meetings and Challenging Conversations
Bringing people together in any form of meeting whether one-to-ones, supervisions, group meetings, forums, or networks can both be fruitful but also sometimes challenging. Everyone participating may need to work with complex issues, different approaches, multiple agendas, differing decision-making authority and contrasting views. However, everyone has a role in ensuring that any meeting is as effective as it can be and confident and competent facilitation skills sit at the heart of this.
Dates and times:
This workshop takes place over 2 days as follows:
Thursday 23 November, 9.30-4.30pm
Tuesday 12 December, 9.30-1.00pm
Venue: Friends Meeting House, Ship Street, Brighton BN1 1AF
The overall aim of this two day action-oriented workshop is to support you to be proactive and creative about how you use, adapt and develop your facilitation skills. It is an opportunity to develop your approach in order to get the best out of any meetings you participate in whilst also maintaining and boosting the morale of everyone involved.
Over the course of the two sessions we will:
- Identify facilitation skills – how to ensure meetings are focused, inclusive and an opportunity for everyone to reflect, think, plan and work together in addressing the issues on the agenda
- Look at ways of managing complexity, differences of opinion and approach
- Reflect on your approach to facilitation and identify how you will develop your facilitation skills
- Share insights that will inform how you use your facilitation skills whether you are facilitating or attending a meeting
This training will be led by Yvonne Rivers
WHO THE COURSE IS FOR
This course is for individuals in any role within organisations: whether you’re a volunteer, CEO, trustee, or project worker, this course will support you in your work.
Facilitation skills can be applied across a range of situations; committee meetings, contract reviews, partnership meetings, one-to-ones with staff or volunteers, team meetings and more.
If you wish to strengthen your role in meetings and get the most out of these opportunities then this course is for you.
Places will be in the first instance prioritised to Community Works members.
|Organisations Annual Income||Community Works members||Non-members *|
* Organisations who are not a member of Community Works, but are a charity or community group operating in Brighton and Hove
Some bursary places are available to groups in Brighton and Hove with an income below £35,000 pa.
TO BOOK ON
For more information on either session or to book your place, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 234023
NEXT | Governance Network