Digital Inclusion – Transformation, Leadership, Inclusion, 19 September 2018
This session explores how voluntary and community organisations can and should respond to digital transformation, with leadership and inclusion at the heart of any change programme.
“Everyone’s online now”. “The digital inclusion problem will eventually solve itself”. “Our service is a people service, not a digital one – we’ll never stop seeing people face to face”
Do you recognise any of these statements? Digital has transformed many areas of our lives, affecting voluntary organisations and the communities that they support. Around 1 in 10 people remain offline, and there are significant implications for health, social care, unemployment, citizenship, education and social wellbeing.
Aims of the session:
- Gain a better understanding of what digital inclusion means for your staff and service users
- Identify practical approaches and digital solutions to develop, maintain and embed organisational digital change
- Discuss the ins and outs of being a leader in a digital age, with a particular focus on community, voluntary and public services
- Explore how we can all be better digital leaders
- Develop confidence and motivation in making a digital change in your organisation
The session will be delivered by Citizens Online, a UK digital inclusion charity that specialises in leading organisations and communities through the online revolution.
Date: 19 September 2018
Time: 1pm – 4pm
Location: Gordon Room, Worthing Town Hall, Chapel Rd, Worthing BN11 1HA
Book: via Eventbrite
NEXT | Volunteer Coordinators' Forum, 27 September 2018