Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, 13 February 2019
How can you make sure that your organisation and activities are open and inclusive for all members of the community? This course provides an overview of equality, diversity and inclusion, flags up key legislation, and looks at what this means for planning and delivering your activities.
This course is an interactive and engaging exploration of equality, diversity and inclusion. It covers personal awareness of the issues, as well as looking at how and why they are relevant for your organisation. It includes case studies of what other organisations do and discusses best practice.
The day will give participants an opportunity to consider equality, diversity and inclusion from different perspectives, including
- personal awareness of the relevance of diversity
- an understanding of equality legislation
- exclusion: how it arises, how it impacts upon people, and what can be done about it
- unconscious bias: how it arises, what the impact can be and how it can be reduced, how this can impact the work of community and voluntary organisations
This course will be led by The Equality Academy.
Date: Wednesday 13 February 2019
Time: (9.15am arrivals) 9.30am – 4.30pm
|Organisation’s Annual Income||Our members||Non-members *|
* Organisations that are not members, but are a charity or community group operating in Brighton, Hove, Adur or Worthing.
Some bursary places are available to groups with an income of less than £35,000 per annum.
Book: via Eventbrite
NEXT | Members Conference ‘A Collaborative Sector?’, Thursday 13 December 2018.