How to become a Charitable Incorporated Organisation, 16 October 2018
Led by Tim Smith of Griffith Smith Solicitors, this session will provide the opportunity to learn more about the Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) legal structure, including the differences between a CIO and a Community Interest Company (CIC), and how to convert from a CIC to a CIO.
It will look at issues such as:
- what is a CIO and the requirements?
- the main reasons for choosing a CIO structure
- reasons not to choose a CIO structure
- ‘association’ versus ‘foundation’ model
- how to go about setting up a CIO and demonstrating your charitable objectives effectively
- understanding the challenges of adopting a CIO structure
- the process for converting to a CIO from another structure e.g. CIC
- the differences between a CIO and CIC
Where: Gordon Room, Worthing Town Hall
When: 16 October, 6.00-8.00pm
Book: via Eventbrite
This session runs as part of our Trustee and Leadership Network (formerly Governance Network) which is open to all community and voluntary organisations across Adur and Worthing, Brighton and Hove. They are a great opportunity to keep up to date with local and national legislation, develop your governance practice and network with other Trustees. Places will be prioritised for our members. To find out how to become a member.
NEXT | Keeping Adults Safe, 23 October 2018