A Community Works video: registering your volunteer support to the Covid-19 response in Brighton & Hove and Adur & Worthing.
Volunteering, has played a pivotal role during the pandemic, supporting existing organisations and through self-help support in local Mutual Aid groups.
It’s been inspiring to see how quickly our communities stepped forward and mobilised to do what they can to help others.
We want to provide volunteers and organisations with as much practical advice and guidance as we can.
Help with your recruitment
- Register your volunteer roles on our website.
- Activate or deactivate roles as needed.
- Support you to create your volunteer roles
Talk to our volunteer centre team for support and information.
Help with volunteer management
- Volunteers (and staff of course) know the most recent advice and guidance from Public Health England.
- You complete risk assessments and inductions ensuring the safety of volunteers, staff and the community.
- Your insurance covers your volunteer needs.
- Your volunteering is inclusive – it is now more important than ever to be inclusive to ensure you are reaching those who really need your services.
How you can volunteer
There is a list of volunteer roles available on our volunteering platform. Our website is constantly updated with new volunteer roles as they come in.
If you can’t see what you are looking for email us and we will see how we can help.
Mutual Aid Groups
You can also consider volunteering informally in your community. You can find your local Mutual Aid group here.
Mutual Aid groups are not formal organisations. They are groups of local people coming together to support the most vulnerable people in our communities by helping with amongst other things, shopping and cooking.
There are a lot of local Facebook or other neighbourhood based forums, it may be worth checking in with yours to see if they are coordinating anything at a very local level.
Become a trustee
See our Trustee opportunities
More information on Covid-19
Please see our Coronavirus Covid-19: Latest information and what you can do hub page for more information.