Are you part of a voluntary or community organisation that works in Brighton, Hove, Adur or Worthing?
Become a member of Community Works, joining over 500 other groups and organisations who already benefit from exclusive access to our services.
What we would gain?
Our members get access to exclusive services, including:
- conferences and network meetings
- prioritised access to our training and events
- prioritised access to our advice and support services
- a members-only newsletter
- a members-only email group
- appearing in our online members directory
Members told us that as a result of using our services, they were able to:
“Your support has helped us every step of the way, from transitioning from being an unincorporated group to incorporating (involving some dedicated one-to-one support), responding to specific requests for help such as IT training, to our being able to access the mentoring programme – and these are just some examples!” – Member feedback
Read more about the benefits of membership with us.
Membership with us is free for voluntary and community organisations with an annual income below £35,000.
For those with an income above £35,000, a sliding scale of fees applies for a two year period:
- Income £35,000-£100,000, fee = £50 (£2.08 per month)
- Income £100,000-£250,000, fee = £100 (£4.17 per month)
- Income £250,000-£500,000, fee = £200 (£8.33 per month)
- Income £500,000, fee = £300 (£12.50 per month)
“Community Works is the city’s safety net. I can always call and get the right contact or up to date information and so on.” – Clair Barnard, Early Childhood Project
Members code of conduct
Your knowledge and skills are highly valued and respected by Community Works. In turn, we’re committed to providing spaces and services which are enjoyable, informative and look after the wellbeing of all our members, our guests, our staff and our volunteers.
Our Members Code of Conduct is a simple document setting out how we can best achieve that together.
Membership of Community Works is available to community groups, voluntary organisations, charities or other not-for-profit organisation which pursue general charitable and/or social objectives to benefit communities in Adur District, Worthing Borough and/or the City of Brighton and Hove.
You will need to have:
- A constitution or other accepted rules of working
- Aims, objectives and working methods that are written down in a publically available document
- A commitment to equal opportunities and the promotion of equality and diversity
- A commitment to safeguarding staff, volunteers and service users.
If you need help with any of these we can support you to develop them.
If your organisation is a community interest company, not-for-profit company or social enterprise, we will ask you to provide a copy of your constitution or governing document which shows you have an asset lock to another not-for-profit organisation and anybody can apply to be on your governing body.
If you’re unsure whether your organisation is eligible for membership then we’re happy to discuss this with you before you apply.
How to join us
It’s really easy to join Community Works.
- First, check that your group or organisation isn’t already a member by browsing our list of members.
- If your group or organisation isn’t already a member you can apply by using our online membership form.
If you require the form in a different format, if you have any questions about membership with us, or if you would like to confirm whether your organisation is eligible for membership, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 234023.