Employee Assistance Programme
Supporting staff, volunteers and their family members.
Health Assured is an employee assistance programme available to 3,500 staff, volunteers and immediate family members from voluntary and community sector organisations across West Sussex, East Sussex and Brighton and Hove (up to 1166 people in each location) from now until 28 January 2023. The programme can be used to help support people’s health and well-being and resilience, and we particularly hope it reaches people in organisations where funding this type of service for your staff and volunteers is not an option.
- Access to the service will be strictly confidential
- This is a trial offer and to evaluate the demand, the providers supply volume take up (numbers only) to Community Works
- The offer is open to employees and volunteers (and their direct family members) of voluntary and community organisations across Sussex
See below for the services available and how people can access this service confidentially.
Please circulate this offer to your teams, people and peers, encouraging them to share with their colleagues too.
- Life support: Access to counselling for emotional problems and a pathway to structured therapy sessions (employees only) at your convenience.
- Legal information: For issues that cause anxiety or distress including debt management, consumer, property or neighbour disputes (employees only).
- Bereavement support: Health Assured offers qualified and experienced counsellors who can help with grief plus legal advisors to help with related legal matters.
- Medical information: Qualified nurses are on hand to offer support on a range of medical or health-related issues offering practical information and advice.
- Online CBT: We recognise the value of self-help tools in dealing with a range of issues, which is why we have a range of CBT self-help modules, informative fact sheets and invaluable advice videos from leading qualified counsellors.
Health Assured offers support for people and their immediate family members*, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year by calling 0800 028 0199
*Health Assured define immediate family members as spouse/partners and children aged 16 to 24 in full-time education, living in the same household.
The service also provides access to online resources and programmes covering a variety of issues from debt, bereavement, money worries to sleeplessness or stress through an online portal or phone app.
The ‘Calling the EAP helpline – employee guide’ will give you more information about the services available and FAQs.
How to access the support available
Helpline: Call 0800 028 0199 quoting on of the following access codes (depending on where you are based):
- West Sussex VCSE
- East Sussex VCSE
- Brighton & Hove VCSE
Online Health Portal: visit www.healthassuredeap.co.uk using:
Employer code: MHA217882
Also use either West Sussex VCSE, East Sussex VCSE or Brighton & Hove VCSE depending on your location
Questions and queries
If you would like to speak to someone about this offer, please contact Jess Sumner, Community Works CEO on firstname.lastname@example.org
Generously funded by Sussex Health and Care Partnership
Community Works worked with Health Assured during the pandemic and decided to seek funding to roll this out across the sector as a way to improve our resilience:
“The past two years have been a challenge for our whole health and care system, and our VCSE partners have been an essential part of how we have gone above and beyond to support people and communities. We know this has taken its toll on our workforce and volunteers, and I am delighted that Sussex Health and Care Partnership can show our appreciation and recognition through funding this vital source of support for those working in, and volunteering as part of, our VCSE”
Alison Cannon, Sussex CCGs Chief Nursing Officer