Planning is key to making volunteering work. It clarifies why you are involving volunteers, the benefits of involving volunteers and your plans for getting volunteers involved.
Planning allows you to:
- Set the foundations on which you build your volunteer programme.
- Ensure all volunteers are welcome and that opportunities are inclusive.
- Consider your resources, values and capacity
- Get as many people as possible on board with the benefits of having volunteers.
- Identify work areas you think will benefit most from volunteering.
- Create clear volunteering roles and show what you hope volunteers will gain from their experience with you.
The time you put into planning now can save you time, money and stress.
This section of our guide will help you to plan for involving volunteers in your cause or organisation.
Please use the menu on the left hand side to find some useful information.
If you using a phone or tablet and you are unable to see the additional content menu on the left:
- Scroll up where you see ‘Voluntary Sector Menu’
- Click on the three bars next to it and you will be able to see the listed content.