To really increase circulation of publicity, and open up your opportunity to as many people as possible, it is both useful and important to use a combination of recruitment portals which help you to target and reach the right volunteers for your activity.
- Your local volunteer centre website
- National websites such as Do-it and Reach
- Social media
- Local newsletters – paper and electronic
- Posters and leaflets put up at local community venues and facilities
- Local classifieds such as Gumtree and Friday ad and local employment websistes
- Professional sites for targetted volunteering recruitment
- Local support organisations supporting less engaged communities
- Local newspapers and magazines – advertise or publises yourself through a press release or local interest story or local or national awareness days.
- Don’t forget the power of ‘word of mouth’. This is still one of the more effective recruitment tools available to you. Volunteers who have a good experience with you will tell others that you are a good place to volunteer.
- Job centre
- Local colleges, schools and univiersities
- Youth centres and youth activity programmes
Note: Some of these options may incur a charge.
For more local information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.